Fostering a collaborative, restorative and inclusive community:
- D14 Board of Education (1997-2001)
- Collaborator, Manitou Springs Education Foundation (2000-2004)
- Mentor, Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program (2016-present)
- Mentor, Peak Start-up (2014-present)
- Founding member & facilitator, Manitou Springs Restorative Justice Council (1999 - present)
- Co-facilitator, Manitou Springs Forward Vision & Planning Guide (2011-2012)
- Founder & facilitator, Peak Living Project (2011-2016)
- Manitou Springs Collaborative (2012-present)
- Peak Living Community Foundation (2017-present)
- Mediator, Colorado Office of Dispute Resolution (1996-2006)
Ken has long been a problem solver, mediator, connector and facilitator of community dialogue. He is a strong believer in community engagement and participation as a way to get things done, and create a strong sense of belonging for those who live here.
A leading advocate for the use of mediation and restorative justice in Manitou Springs and the nation. Ken has helped implement and promote numerous community programs which provide an opportunity to resolve disputes, conflicts and offenses without the need for litigation.
A strong advocate for an inclusive community engagement process which allows all residents an opportunity to be heard, valued, and respected. Ken is a convener of productive community dialogues and a visionary who gets things done.